by Jim Casey | @TheJimCasey | July 10, 2018
Top 3 Best-Selling Country Albums Released in 2018 . . . So Far
Jason’s Rearview Town also copped the No. 2 spot on the all-genre list of the best-selling albums released in 2018, trailing only Justin Timberlake’s Man of the Woods (403,000 units).
The beginning of July means that 2018 is halfway over, which is the perfect opportunity to reflect on some of the noteworthy achievements from the past six months, including the Top 3 Best-Selling Country Albums released in 2018 . . . so far.
There have been a number of outstanding releases in 2018, including Kacey Musgraves’ Golden Hour, Brothers Osborne’s Port Saint Joe and Ashley McBryde’s Girl Going Nowhere, but the Top 3 Best-Selling Country Albums released in 2018 belong to a trio of country’s most popular dudes: Jason Aldean, Keith Urban and Dierks Bentley.
Below are the Top 3 Best-Selling Country Albums released in 2018, according to Nielsen Music (tracking period of Dec. 29, 2017–June 28, 2018).
1. Jason Aldean – Rearview Town – 328,000 units
2. Keith Urban – Graffiti U – 199,000 units
3. Dierks Bentley – The Mountain – 113,000 units
by Jim Casey | @TheJimCasey | July 14, 2017
So Far, the Best-Selling Country Albums Released in 2017 Are . . .
When you factor in equivalent album sales (10 song sales or 1,500 song streams from an album are treated as equivalent to one purchase of the album), Brett Young makes an appearance in the Top 5.
Here are the Top 5 country albums released in 2017, based on equivalent album sales according to Nielsen Music.
1. Chris Stapleton, From A Room: Volume 1 (484,000 equivalent albums)
2. Brantley Gilbert, The Devil Don’t Sleep (284,000)
3. Zac Brown Band, Welcome Home (274,000)
4. Brett Young, Brett Young (250,000)
5. Little Big Town, Breaker (210,000)
Can you believe 2017 is already halfway over? Well, it is, which means it’s time to crunch a few numbers.
Over the last six months, a plethora (yes, a plethora) of country artists have released new albums, including offerings from Chris Stapleton, Brad Paisley, Zac Brown Band, Lauren Alaina, Brantley Gilbert, Josh Turner, Little Big Town, Rascal Flatts and more.
While Chris Stapleton’s new album, "From A Room: Volume 1", dominated the country sales charts - selling more than 200,000 more copies than its closest competitor - a handful of other artists have had very successful 2017 releases, too.
Here are the Top 6 country albums released in 2017, based on pure album sales according to Nielsen Music.
1. Chris Stapleton, From A Room: Volume 1 (419,000 pure albums)
2. Zac Brown Band, Welcome Home (218,000)
3. Reba McEntire, Sing It Now: Songs of Faith & Hope (183,000, which includes metrics from Nielsen’s Christian SoundsScan)
4. Brantley Gilbert, The Devil Don’t Sleep (179,000)
5. Little Big Town, Breaker (123,000)
6. Alison Krauss, Windy City (110,000)
by Jim Casey | @TheJimCasey | January 10, 2017
The 10 Best-Selling Country Albums of 2016 Include Blake Shelton, Keith Urban &
Carrie Underwood. - But Who’s No. 1?
According to Billboard and Nielsen Music, 2016 country albums sales were up 5% from 2015. In fact, the 26.1 million country albums sold in 2016 marked just the second time since 2005 that album sales increased over the previous year.
Interestingly enough, the top-selling album of 2016 - Chris
Stapleton’s Traveller —was released in 2015, and so were two other
albums in the Top 10: Thomas Rhett’s Tangled Up and Carrie Underwood’s Storyteller. Sam Hunt’s Montevallo was released in 2014.
With sales of more than 1 million albums, Chris’ Traveller almost doubled the sales of its closest competitor, Blake Shelton’s If I’m Honest, which clocked in with 540,000 albums sold
Carrie Underwood is the only solo female artist to make the Top 10, while Joey + Rory and Florida Georgia Line are the only duos represented.
Top 10 Best-Selling Country Albums of 2016
1. Chris Stapleton – Traveller – 1,085,000
2. Blake Shelton – If I’m Honest – 540,000
3. Joey + Rory – Hymns – 518,000
4. Garth Brooks – The Ultimate Collection – 421,000
5. Keith Urban – Ripcord – 412,000
6. Florida Georgia Line – Dig Your Roots – 325,000
7. Jason Aldean – They Don’t Know – 305,000
8. Sam Hunt – Montevallo – 284,000
9. Thomas Rhett – Tangled Up – 266,000
10. Carrie Underwood –Storyteller – 256,000
20170521 | 20180711